SORA is an awesome resource that allows access to audio books and eBooks. Through a web browser, or the SORA digital app, users can sign out audio books for up to 10 days. Just like a physical library book, SORA audio books must be returned before others can use them. If you are not listening to your book, make sure it is returned so that others can listen to it.
Download the SORA app from the Apple App Store, or Google Play store. SORA is also available through any web browser.
To access SORA you need to either visit https://soraapp.com/welcome/login/320142 or download the SORA app on your phone. See below for further instructions.
How to access SORA on a web browser
1) Go to this link and choose Mt. Boucherie Secondary School https://soraapp.com/welcome/login/320142
2) Click on the green button that says “Sign in using Mt. Boucherie Secondary School”
Signing in, taking out, and returning books in SORA
1) Students can search by book title or browse the collection.They can also refine their search and sort by title and this will put the collection in alphabetical order.
2) When you find your book, click on the Blue Borrow link to check the book out.
If a book has a set of headphones by it, this means it is an audio book. The audiobook will open and you can listen to the book. It should keep track of how much you have listened to each time you borrow (check out) the book.
3) When you are finished listening to your novel for the day:
a) Click on the book cover and it will take you to the area where you can return the book so other students can listen to the book too.
b) Click on Return Title button.
c) Then click on the Return button.
5) You have completed returning your book once you click on the Ok button.
4) Click on the Drop Down Menu and Select Mt. Boucherie Secondary School.
Click on the green button that says “Sign in using Mt. Boucherie Secondary School”
5) Sign into the Sora App using your SD23 Network email account. First.Lastname@sd23.bc.ca This is your school email not your @learn email (Google Account).